Personal Income Tax Documents

Minimum Requirements / Documents as requested by SARS
  • ID/Passport
  • SARS power of attorney (provided by us)
  • Proof of residence
  • Contact details
  • SARS Efiling access (If not registered, we can help @ R100 exVat per registration. Email us)
  • Full disclosure of income received (IRP5 etc)

At Shamu Bookkeeping, we strive to provide affordable services. Click here to get an idea of the cost of some of our services.

Give us a call

Fourways – (011) 011-9057
Vaal Triangle – (016) 110-0150


    Looking for Professional Bookkeeping and Accounting Services?

    Contact Us

    As with any industry, our business activities are regulated by SARS. In order to remain compliant with SARS and to ensure that we provide a service that is based on the rules and legislations as set out in the Republic of South Africa, we belong to the following professional bodies:

    South African Institute of Business Accountants (SAIBA)


    South African Institute of Taxation


    South African Institute of Professional Accountants (SAIPA)


    Sage Pastel Bookkeepers Forum

    Supporting Documents Needed

    to Register a Client on SARS E-Filing
    • Proof of residence dated not older than 30 days (Municipal account – not a PO Box)
    • Bank account statement stamped by the bank not older than 21 days
    • RSA ID card/ book
    • Contact email address(es)
    • Contact cell number(s)
    • Answer to security questions – as completed on form supplied by us to you

    Supporting Documents Needed

    to Enable Us to Issue a Formal Quote to Submit Your Personal Tax Returns or SARS Disputes
    • Copy of RSA ID card/ book
    • Valid signed SARS power of attorney (this will be provided by us)
    • If taxpayer is a foreign national/ citizen a copy valid foreign passport (not applicable for RSA citizens)
    • Proof of residence
    • Taxpayer’s personal income tax number
    • All IRP5’s for the appropriate tax year
    • Medical aid tax certificates
    • Retirement Annuities tax certificates
    • Detailed and completed Logbook, if taxpayer received any “travel allowance” or claiming “travel expenses” plus details of all vehicle(s) used for supporting the claim
    • IT3b tax certificates for any investment income received
    • Tax certificates for capital gain or share transactions
    • Dividend tax certificates
    • Statement of assets & Liabilities, as at 28/02/2018, if taxpayer is a member of a CC or a director of company
    • Section 18A tax certificates for any donations that will be declared
    • Income and expenditure schedules, rental property leases, bank and bond statements, municipal accounts for each rental property
    • Any additional documentation that either Shamu’s tax practitioner/ professional or SARS may deem necessary in preparation of the taxpayer’s tax return

    Looking for Professional Payroll Services?

    Contact Us

    Find us on Social Media

    facebook-logo          twitter-logo