Bookkeeping, Accounting and
Accounting. Tax. Company Registrations. All in one place. Some of our services include the following:
- Personal Income Tax Returns (ITR12)
- Provisional Tax Returns (IRP6)
- Annual Financial Statements
- Company Tax Returns (ITR14)
- New Company Registrations
- Vat Registration
- Bookkeeping & Accounting Services
- SARS Disputes, Objections or Appeal
- Being audited by SARS? Need help? We have 30 years of SARS experience.
- Get your tax up to date. Have you fallen behind? We can help.
Give us a call
Assistance with Tax Clearance Certificates in Roodepoort – Shamu Bookkeeping
For whatever reason you might require a Tax Clearance Certificate, Shamu Bookkeeping can assist. Shamu Bookkeeping is a registered accounting, bookkeeping and tax consulting company in Roodepoort, servicing clients in Johannesburg with their tax and accounting needs. Contact Shamu Bookkeeping today if you need to obtain a Tax Clearance Certificate.
As with any industry, our business activities are regulated by SARS. In order to remain compliant with SARS and to ensure that we provide a service that is based on the rules and legislations as set out in the Republic of South Africa, we belong to the following professional bodies:
South African Institute of Business Accountants (SAIBA)
South African Institute of Taxation
South African Institute of Professional Accountants (SAIPA)
Sage Pastel Bookkeepers Forum
What is a Tax Clearance Certificate?
A Tax Clearance Certificate is a written confirmation from SARS (South African Revenue Service), which states that a company or person’s tax affairs are in order and up to date at the date of issue of the Certificate. Companies or individuals may require a Tax Clearance Certificate for various reasons. It is important that the request for a Tax Clearance Certificate from SARS be correctly motivated, to ensure that the request is approved. Reasons for obtaining a Tax Clearance Certificate may include:
- For good standing: Tax Certificates are often required for ‘good standing’, which proves that the taxpayer is compliant. State the reason for a Tax Clearance Certificate required for ‘good standing’ upon your request.
- Tender applications: In order to submit a tender, a Tax Clearance Certificate is required. You will need to reflect the tender number, the estimated amount of the tender as well as the duration of the tender on the application form.
- Foreign Investment Allowance (individuals only): A Tax Clearance Certificate is required for Foreign Investment Allowance for individuals.
- Emigration (individuals only): Required from individuals for emigration purposes, stating that the individual’s tax affairs are up to date before emigration.
Can a Tax Clearance Certificate be declined?
SARS can decline an application for a Tax Clearance Certificate, due to one or more of the following reasons:
- The taxpayer is not registered, does not have an Income Tax reference number or is inactive.
- The taxpayer has more than R1000 outstanding.
- In cases where payment arrangements have been made, but not adhered to by the taxpayer.
- The incorrect completion of the application for a Tax Clearance Certificate, or the application is not signed by the taxpayer or representative.
Let Shamu Bookkeeping assist with your Tax Clearance Certificate application
The tax practitioners at Shamu Bookkeeping have assisted many companies and individuals in Roodepoort and surrounding Johannesburg areas with their Tax Clearance Certificate and other tax consulting needs. Whether you need a Tax Clearance Certificate for personal or business purposes, Shamu Bookkeeping can assist. A qualified and experienced tax consultant will make sure that your application is completed correctly, to avoid unnecessary rejections of your Tax Clearance Certificate application. Contact Shamu Bookkeeping.
Our tax consulting services: